Echocardiography (heart sonography)
Echocardiography is an investigation method of the heart that uses high-definition ultrasound. The need for this investigation is decided by a doctor.
Echocardiography allows for assessment of:
- Function of the heart valves
- Presence of an infarction scar, its position and severity
- Size of heart chambers
- Pumping function of heart
- Fluid around the heart and additional heart structures
Echocardiography does not allow for assessing:
- Exact assessment of coronary artery narrowing
- Age of the infarction scar
The received data are used for analysis in the echocardiography workstation, recorded and printed on paper, videotape or magnetic-optic disk. Repeated investigation enables the patient’s previous archived investigation data to be compared and treatment outcomes assessed.
ECHO CG, cardiologist
|Medicum doctor makes an appointment
|according to schedule||405|