Visit to a pulmonary specialist
A pulmonologist is a physician who specialises in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of respiratory and lung diseases.
You should see a pulmonologist if you suffer from:
- breathing difficulties;
- shortness of breath;
- long-term cough;
- asthma or COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
Paid complex service of a pulmonologist – the price includes the physician’s appointment, the tests and investigations needed for diagnosis and, if necessary, a repeat appointment.
If necessary, we perform the following investigations:
- spirometry – measures the volume and speed of inhaled and exhaled air;
- bronchodilator test (BDT) – assesses the reversibility of obstruction, which may be associated with muscle spasm;
- impulse oscillometry system (IOS) test – measures air flow resistance in different parts of the respiratory tract;
- cardiopulmonary stress test;
- skin prick test – investigates type I allergies;
- radiological investigations;
- laboratory tests.
An appointment with a pulmonologist is possible with a referral from a family doctor or a medical specialist. Paid appointments do not require a referral.
Appointments are held at Lasnamäe Medicum. You can book an appointment using our digital registration system or by calling +372 605 0601.