Visit to a dermatologist-venereologist (skin and STD doctor)
A skin and STDs physician (dermatovenereologist) specialises in the diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of skin and sexually transmitted diseases.
A dermatologist deals with both skin diseases and cosmetic problems of the skin.
The most common reasons for seeing a dermatologist include:
- facial skin problems (including acne, rosacea)
- skin pigmentation disorders
- suspicious moles
- skin lesions
- itchy skin
- indeterminate rash /skin allergy
- cold sores
- hereditary skin diseases
- nail fungus and other nail problems
- scaly and itchy scalp
- hair loss
- skin cancer
- zoophilic dermatophytosis
- inflamed skin.
The most common reasons for seeing a venereologist include:
- indeterminate itching (discomfort)
- genital discharge
- frequent urination
- unprotected intercourse
– cryotherapy – removal of benign skin lesions (warts, keratosis, papillomas, etc.) with nitrogen
Cryotherapy can also be performed by a dermatology nurse.
– laser procedures for the removal of benign skin lesions (The procedure is performed by Dr Batõtško, a paid service)
– diagnosis of various skin lesions (dermatoscopy, biopsy)
Medicum provides a paid complex service of a dermatovenereologist– the price includes the physician’s appointment, the tests and investigations needed for diagnosis and, if necessary, a repeat appointment.
There is no need for a referral to see a dermatovenereologist.
Appointments are held in Lasnamäe and Sadama Medicum.
You can book an appointment using Medicum’s digital registration system or +372 605 0601.