Visit to an ear-nose-throat (ENT) doctor
An otorhinolaryngologist or an ear-nose-throat physician specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions of the ear, nose and throat.
The most common reasons for seeing an otorhinolaryngologist include:
- frequent respiratory infections
- enlarged tonsils, inflammation of the tonsils
- frequent throat infections
- allergic rhinitis
- ear infections
- frequent nosebleeds
- a foreign body in the airways or the ear.
Medicum offers a paid complex service of an ear-nose-throat physician – the price includes the physician’s appointment, the tests and investigations needed for diagnosis and, if necessary, a repeat appointment.
(In Sadama Medicum, the current pricing principle will stay the same – the patient has to pay an appointment fee and additional fees for tests and procedures).
The ear-nose-throat physicians in Medicum perform all kinds of procedures and tests according to the patient’s complaints.
- opening of an abscess (in the ear, nose, pharynx)
- nosebleed tamponade
- coagulation of blood vessels (burning)
- ear irrigation
- tonsils irrigation
- sinus puncture
- removal of a foreign body
- audiometry (measuring hearing acuity)
- tympanometry (measuring the mobility of the eardrum)
- computed tomography (CT)
- magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- laboratory tests
There is no need for a referral for a paid appointment.
The ear-nose-throat physicians also see children. When booking an appointment for a child, please select the ear-nose-throat physician’s (children’s) complex service.
Appointments are held at Lasnamäe Medicum. You can book an appointment by calling +372 605 0601 or using our digital registration system.