Children’s allergist’s complex service
The children’s allergist’s complex service is a paid service – the price includes the physician’s appointment, the tests and investigations needed for diagnosis and, if necessary, a repeat appointment.
Allergy is the reaction of the body’s immune system to a specific substance or factor. There are many possible causes for allergies, but the most common ones include foods, pollen, pets, house dust mites, household chemicals, etc.
When to see an allergist?
The most common reasons for seeing a children’s allergist include:
- itchy skin or rash
- cough (including night-time cough, tickly cough)
- runny nose or watery eyes
- recurring episodes of seasonal allergy
- frequent middle ear infections
- a severe reaction to an insect bite (e.g. wasp sting)
An allergist advises on:
- the relationship between the signs and causes of allergy (food, pet, etc.)
- the prevention of exposure to an allergen or the reduction of its effect; alleviation of allergy symptoms
- cold urticaria or sun allergy
- first aid for a child with an allergic reaction
- the risk of asthma in a child with an allergy
- finding and using a suitable inhaler
There is no need for a referral to see a children’s allergist.
You can book an appointment by calling +372 605 0601 or using our digital registration system.